Solved

Reports - revenue from 1st time buyers vs repeat email buyers

• 13 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi folks!

I’m trying to figure out the best way to calculate revenue from our email list, specifically -  how much of our email revenue is coming from first time customers, versus getting existing customers to buy again.

Not 100% sure the best report to run for this.

Wondering if anyone has some good advice?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 19 April 2022, 05:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Daniel F13,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a way of displaying how many total placed orders or how much revenue a List/Segment has generated but we do have a plan to implement this feature in the future. However, we do have a workaround though. You can view this information and export the data so that you can use Excel or another app to give you the total count and value based on a List or Segment.

To do this you can navigate to Analytics Metrics Placed Order Metric. Then go to the Best People section from the top right corner. 

Then you click Export to CSV, and select the List or Segment as you wish: 

​​?name=Screenshot+2022-01-14+at+10.22.52.png

?name=Screenshot+2022-01-14+at+10.22.45.png​​

For more information on this, please visit our help article: Understanding Best People Section of Analytics

This is a feature that has been requested by other customers so we're hoping we'll be able to offer it in the future. I'll be happy to submit product feedback on your behalf.

Hope that helped,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks @alex.hong - this seems like a great workaround, but I’m not sure I understand how it works. 

I’m with you up to Analytics Metrics Placed Order Metric. Then go to the Best People section from the top right corner. 

But I lose the ability to click Export to CSV as soon as I click on Best People, and I’m not sure what you mean by “select the List or Segment as you wish”.

Would you be so kind as to explain it again? 

Thanks in advance, appreciate all your great, repeated help!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Daniel F13,

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of the error you are experiencing? That way I can better understand what the problem might be. Is it because you cannot select a list or segment? 

Thank you,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @alex.hong - sorry for the delay in responding. Still trying to figure this out. 

I’m with you up to “

Analytics Metrics Placed Order Metric. Then go to the Best People section from the top right corner.” (see below) 

But I lose the ability to click “Export to CSV” as soon as I click on Best People. (see below)

Also, was not sure what you mean by “select the List or Segment as you wish”.

Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Thanks again,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Daniel F13,

Thank you for pointing this out. Interesting indeed as your account should have this. Let me check with my colleagues and report back on what might be going on. I will update you here.

Update: Likely a bug or integration must be reset.

Thanks!
Alex