Solved

Revenue Attribution to Emails

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi there, I basically two questions, would be great if you can share your input.

I recently sent an email campaign, I could see the analytics on how it performed, it’s performance was by far the lowest.

Now, when I looked at a few profiles there were two cases:

Some customers received the email, didn’t open it and placed order. Does this placed order value reflect in my campaign analytics?

Second, a customer received my email, opened it, didn’t order anything, he was then targeted by my active on site flow email, he opened it and placed order. Now, is this placed order value attributed to my campaign email or my flow email or both?

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 18 December 2023, 23:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @USMarketer thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! I see how the revenue attribution could be confusing.  

Some customers received the email, didn’t open it and placed order. Does this placed order value reflect in my campaign analytics? -- The default attribution for Klaviyo accounts works on emails that are opened or clicked, so if it wasn’t opened, that email would not get revenue attribution.
You can check he attribution settings on your Klaviyo account under Settings → Email → Attribution, and you can update the conversion window and how to attribute conversions

Second, a customer received my email, opened it, didn’t order anything, he was then targeted by my active on site flow email, he opened it and placed order. Now, is this placed order value attributed to my campaign email or my flow email or both? --The revenue will be attributed to the most recently opened or clicked email, in this case, that would be the active on site flow email. 

This article has more information about how attribution works in Klaviyo. Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Hi @USMarketer thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! I see how the revenue attribution could be confusing.  

Some customers received the email, didn’t open it and placed order. Does this placed order value reflect in my campaign analytics? -- The default attribution for Klaviyo accounts works on emails that are opened or clicked, so if it wasn’t opened, that email would not get revenue attribution.
You can check he attribution settings on your Klaviyo account under Settings → Email → Attribution, and you can update the conversion window and how to attribute conversions

Second, a customer received my email, opened it, didn’t order anything, he was then targeted by my active on site flow email, he opened it and placed order. Now, is this placed order value attributed to my campaign email or my flow email or both? --The revenue will be attributed to the most recently opened or clicked email, in this case, that would be the active on site flow email. 

This article has more information about how attribution works in Klaviyo. Hope this helps!

Hey @KatherineB thank you so much for the help.