Solved

Updating CNAME records in Shopify

• 7 February 2024
  • 14 replies

Badge +1

I followed the steps to update the CNAME records in Shopify as per from I want Coffee - however the CNAME records are not verified. Only the TXT record comes back as verified. 

icon

Best answer by kaila.lawrence 14 February 2024, 21:37

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @TopGate, I moved your question to a new thread so we can do some proper diagnosis.

1. Can you walk me through the steps you’re taking in more detail? What are you trying to accomplish? It sounds like you’re asking about setting up a branded sending domain but I want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing.
  2. Who did you buy your domain from?

Screenshots are helpful!

Badge +1

Hi Kaila, yes I am trying to setup the branded sending domain to ensure we comply for the upcoming yahhoo/google changes. I have followed the Klaviyo instructions, via the Static route and have entered the Provider as Other.

I have added the CNAME x3 records and also the TXT record to the domain settings within Shopify.

The domain is purchased and managed through Shopify. 

Only the TXT record is coming back as verified. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Okay! Can you triple confirm the records are pasted exactly correctly as shown below (except with your domain/subdomain where the helloworld.com appears and your own API key):

Let me know and we’ll go from there!

Badge +1

Hi Kaila, I have updated the records with the values provided in the instructions a per the below 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Kaila, I have updated the records with the values provided in the instructions a per the below 

Hello @TopGate 

Could you please share the entries you have added to your domain? I am looking for the records from your domains DNS.

Badge +1

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

This looks alright to me.

What do you see if you enter send.yourdomain.com on this page?

select the and CNAME lookup here

Badge +1

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @TopGate  i just verified all the DNS entries are published and traceable. So it should work fine.

Badge +1

I’ve clicked ’verify’ again and will see what comes back

Badge +1

Still the same result - still says the CNAME records are not verified

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @TopGate, at this point I’d suggest reaching out to the DNS team with Shopify to get this cleared up. They’ll be able to dig deeper into what’s preventing the records from authenticating. 

Let us know how you make out! 

Badge +1

Hey Kaila, I spoke to Shopify, they say it must be a problem with Klaviyo…..

I am now at a point where I am going to have to consider changing everything 

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Closing the loop here that this was solved in a different thread: