Solved

Abandon Checkout SMS and Email messages not sending

Badge +1

Hello! I have been creating an Abandon Checkout Flow using Klayvio’s “Standard Email & SMS” template, but every time I test it out, I do not receive the text or email that I should be receiving. I am very confused as I believe that the integration should automatically trigger the flow once someone goes through the checkout page, but this does not seem to be the case. Do you guys have any advice for me? I am launching my store at the end of the month and would love to ensure that this is set up correctly before release day.

Thanks for your time and consideration! Have a blessed day!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 2 March 2023, 22:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @ChristianV_0 ,

Welcome to the Community!
Since the abandoned cart could have different reasons for a profile not going through, I would first recommend visiting these two posts to see if these scenarios apply to yourself:

Often times, the profiles are either Skipped or there is an integration issue that causes this.

Let me know!
Alex

Badge +1

Hey Alex,

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. My company means a lot to me and I am wanting to ensure that everything is good to go for my launch day.

As for the issue, it does not seem to have anything to do with profiles being skipped. I took a deeper look and it does not show that any profiles were skipped. Does this mean that there is an integration issue? If so, could you please help me to resolve it. I am not very knowledgeable with this kinda stuff and so any help is extremely beneficial.

Thanks again. Really grateful for your help.

Badge +1

After doing some research, it appears that the problem could be with the integration between Klayvio and Shopify. If this is case, could you help me to resolve the issue?

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @ChristianV_0 ,

Thanks for writing back with the additional info. 

There can be a multitude of variables that impact Shopify’s integration with Klaviyo thus impacting the abandoned cart flow setup (aside for first setting a flow to live over draft). 

The first one I would check is that you have the add to cart metric successfully installed.

An additional resource can be found in this thread too:

Please note that most pre-built abandoned cart flows trigger based on the Started Checkout metric which triggers when someone enters their information at checkout and moves to the next step of the process.

For more information, please see: How to create an abandoned cart flow

Can you also share screenshots of the abandoned cart flow setup and an example of a profile that has successfully triggered the flow and not received an email?