Solved

Abandoned cart flows doesen´t work!

• 28 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello!

Did anything happen in February?

The thing is, both my Browse Abandonment and Abandoned Cart flows seem to have stopped working!? :-/ To my knowledge, I haven't made any changes, and as you can see, the flow triggers and flow filters seem correct, right?

I can clearly see in my e-shop (WooCommerce) that I have orders (Beställning) that have been abandoned (Avbruten). The reason for the abandoned order is: "Unpaid order cancelled - time limit reached. Order status changed from Pending payment to Cancelled."

I don't have any issues with other flows, such as various winback flows and thank you flows.

Can any kind soul help me please!

icon

Best answer by retention 29 February 2024, 00:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hey @Herman, sorry to hear you’re having issues with your Abandoned Cart Flow.

One of the first things I check is to see if the “metric” is working properly.  Since the Abandoned Cart Flow is triggered by the “Started Checkout” event, the first thing to do is to go to your Analytics → Metrics and make sure that those events are still being passed to Klaviyo.

Go to your sidebar, and click on “Analytics → Metrics” and look for the metric “Started Checkout.”  If you click on it, it will show you a chart of recent events (or you can click on the Activity Feed Tab).  Expand the chart out to last 30 days or longer to see a longer timeline.

See here:

Here in my Test Account example, for “Started Checkout” - it shows that I have no events in the last 30 days.  Since the Abandoned Cart Flow you setup depends on these events to trigger the Flow, this could be the reason why the Flow is not working.

My experience for WooCommerce is that occasional updates, template changes, or plugin/extension additions can sometimes break the integration between Woo and Klaviyo.  The wonderful thing about Woo is you can do just about anything - the tradeoff is, some of those things can break other things without warning.

If you aren’t seeing any events like above, first, make sure you have upgraded to the latest version Klaviyo - or disable the integration and re-integrate it with Klaviyo.  Sometimes that kickstarts things back into place.

Otherwise, you may want to look at these troubleshooting docs along the way:

Hopefully that helps you get sorted, of course you should also reach out to Klaviyo support for more help or give us an update and perhaps someone with more experience with Woo and Klaviyo will chime in here.

Badge

Dear Joseph,

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for your assistance. After two attempts, it now works! :-)
Initially, I simply deactivating Klaviyo in WooCommerce and then reactivating it. However, upon carefully reading your guidance once again, I deactivated all components and established a new connection through the marketplace. I'm pleased to report that it's now functioning smoothly!

Your insight and support have been invaluable to me. Thank you immensely for taking the time to troubleshoot and provide such comprehensive instructions.

Best regards, Herman