Solved

Abandoned cart not working

• 27 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

Prior I set up an abandoned cart flow but many emails were skipped and I notice that the skipped reason was flow filter (Placed Order zero times since starting this flow), here is the screenshot of the flow setup

Then I turned it off and create a new abandoned cart flow with a conditional split, and here is new flow screenshot..

But it seems that no email are sending, is the flow setup done correctly?
I appreciate your suggestions regarding the abandoned cart flow setup both for non purchase and non purchaser.

Thanks in advanced.

icon

Best answer by Omar 29 January 2024, 15:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Luxury Design,

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post.

Answering your question, why is no one going through the new cart abandonment?

The answer to this might probably be, because there have not been any new person who start a checkout. The best thing to do is to do this yourself to test it out.

Now, second point I'm seeing here is that you've removed the flow filter in the second (new) abandoned cart flow you've created. I would urge you to have that filter in place because you don't want to send emails to people who started a checkout and placed an order. Adding the flow filter will prevent this from happening.

3th point I would reduce the wait time to 1 or max 2 hours and add at least 2 more emails to the flow (after 1 day, after 2 days) to make sure you get people who started a checkout back to your store.

Good luck!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +1

Hi @Omar , Thanks so much for your reply, I am really grateful to you.
Currently no one is entering in my new abandoned cart flow. But in the previous flow people enter the flow but old customer skipped.

I removed the flow filter ( Placed Order zero times since starting this flow) because my logic was I wanted new and repeat customer enter this flow. Can you suggest me what would be the right set up for purchaser(old) and non purchaser?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@Luxury Design

The way you've set this up is good but you need a flow filter in the top of the flow with the configuration “has placed order zero times since starting this flow”. That way a person that starts the checkout but doesn't order will get the email while the people who do place an order don't get reminders.

Hope it helps

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO