Solved

abandoned checkout flow not sending

• 8 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Was wondering why the abandoned checkout flow I created is not sending. i tested it by going to the specific website I integrate with Klaviyo. Hit checkout button and waited for the email to come. I didn’t receive anything after four hours of waiting (as per time delay). The welcome email I set up was working perfectly fine and all emails from this flow was sent according to the time delay. Was wondering what else do I need to do to make it work.

Trigger is : Checkout Started

Flow filter:  What someone has done (or not done)

Person has: Placed Order

zero times

since starting this flow

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 8 March 2023, 07:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@kristinG 

From what you explained and gave as details everything seems fine, so I would assume either haven’t started checkout properly, your metric is not syncing, or you started a checkout with an email that is not subscribed to the Klaviyo account yet.

So check these things and if you still can’t find out what happened that I would suggest sharing more details here so I can try to give you more direct answer..

I would go about this in this sequence:

• In the search box look for your email/profile
    • if it is not there then you need to subscribe first and then try again what you did before
  • if you are there as subscriber then see if the Checkout Started metric is showing on your profile history.
  • If it is not there first go to the checkout metric and check if it is syncing any data
    • if it is not syncing data you will need to fix the integration/metric
    • if it is syncing then it means you haven’t started the checkout process properly
Badge +2

@Bobi N. 

Thank you for explaining everything vey clearly. I learned a lot and got a better understanding at how Checkout Started metric works and how to check if everything was set up correctly. When I tested it again I discovered that hitting the checkout button isn’t enough to trigger Checkout Started metric because at the next page that showed up I entered my email and that’s when Checkout Started Metric showed up in my profile but when I tested another profile of mine providing one information couldn’t be detected, so I entered my email, last name, click on blank fields to show an attempt of giving additional information still nothing happened. But after I entered the discount code that’s when Checkout Started was triggered and showed on my profile right away. Though, I’m not really sure why is this so. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@kristinG 

Yes triggering the Checkout Started metric can be a bit confusing.. so here is article from Klaviyo that can help you understand it better

Badge +2

@Bobi N. 

Thank you so much. The article you shared was indeed very helpful