Solved

Abandoned Multilingual Cart Flow in Klaviyo

• 28 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

We have problem with our Abandoned cart flow. We have integrated our store (we are using WooCommerce) and we want to send Abandoned cart email flow to customers in different languages but Klaviyo doesn't sent emails in the right languages to our customers due to it doesn't receiving data from our website about customer location.

We chat about this problem with Klaviyo support and we got this information:

"There is no way to track non customer location unless they have placed order with us at least once

The only thing that is being tracked is the name, email and the IP, but the IP won't send us data to Klaviyo to reveal non customer location unless they place and order at least once.”

So technically Klaviyo is receiving the information of ALL customer but when person has not placed order at least once it is not consider to be customer (only website visitor)."

We tried to split conditions for languages by URL.

Each language on our website has its own language directory in the URL, for example www.xyz.com/nl/, www.xyz.com/fr/, www.xyz.com/it/ etc.

So we should be able to filter URLs based on the fact if they contain /nl/ , /fr/ , /it/ , etc.

But it still does not work.

The issue seems way tougher to deal with than it needs to be. I would appreciate any and all insights from people that have done this - which solution did you use? 

Much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 28 June 2023, 19:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @GV Investment ,

Welcome to the Community!

I would echo what the Klaviyo support rep you spoke to said - as we are unable to collect user data (like location) without previous purchase activity or email subscription, it would not be possible to use a conditional split in an Abandoned Cart flow using location data for non-customers. 

Your idea with the URL is clever! But again, the user would need to be signed up to receive emails in Klaviyo, or have made a purchase in the past, to be eligible to receive Abandoned Cart emails. 

Here are some other useful threads here on the Community I would recommend checking out for opt-in customers where you have collected location data:

Perhaps someone else can jump in here if they have found a workaround to this! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski