Solved

Added to Cart Value Trigger

• 8 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi all,

Is there a way to set up a trigger for “Added to Cart Value”? I already have the “Add to Cart” value set up. I’m trying to do a conditional split with Added to Cart Value for cart value at least $99 as customers with at $99 value get free shipping while under $99 would need to pay for shipping.

Is there a workaround for this?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 8 November 2023, 15:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @MarketingAQS 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! 

One clarifying question to be sure I understand the set up are you looking to achieve here, to confirm, you are using the “Added to Cart” event vs. the “Checkout Started” event for this trigger, correct?

If that is the case, the “Added to Cart” event only passes back a few product level details about the item, because this event is similar to the “Viewed Product” event in that its only triggering based on the most recent item added to the cart, so the only pricing available is the price of the product. 

The following lists the standard data passed back via the “Added to Cart” event. 

Now, you could set up a show/hide block in the body of the email that a condition of Price in the event to disclose if Free Shipping is available. 

For example:

If Price > 99, Show Text Block “with free shipping” otherwise, hide this block.

So, you wouldn’t necessarily have a trigger split with different messages, but you’d use Show/Hide logic in the body of the email. 

A couple of great resources for how to do this:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005258208-How-to-show-or-hide-template-blocks-based-on-dynamic-variables-classic-editor-#create-a-show-hide-condition-with-event-data7

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7655926841499

Alternatively, if you are using the “Checkout Started” event, then you should be able to use the total cart value to create the trigger split in the flow.

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox