Adding web link to images or text does not work

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I’ve added url adresses to several images or text boxes, but by sending e test email, none of the links does work. How do I correctly add the links so that they will work when recepients click on the image/text box?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Oqua 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community and thank you for your question!

If you are adding the URL to the images in the fields provided (as per below screenshot), and this is not represented in your Preview/Test email, then I would suggest logging out and logging back in, just in case there is a current issue with your cookies.

Another suggestion is to use Chrome if you are not already.

I hope these suggestions help you.

Kylie

Badge

Hi Kylie, thank you for answering, As you can see from the image, I have added the link to the fields provided and I have logged out and in again and I do use Chrome. But by sending again a test email, the links don’t work.  I receive this error message instead:

Error: Secured connection failed

An error occurred while connecting to trk.klclick3.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The website cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the data received could not be verified.

I do not experience this kind of error by using Mailchimp instead. I really would have loved to change the newsletter platform. But if the weblinks don’t work, the newsletter is unproductive.

Do you have other suggestions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Oqua 

Thank you for the additional information!

Researching this error, it appears to be Firefox specific. Are you by any chance using Firefox as your default browser, so when you click on links, it is Firefox that opens?

If so, I would suggest looking at this article I found: https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/pr_end_of_file_error

Hope this works!

Kylie

Badge

Hi Kylie, thank you for your further information. My default browser is Google Chrome and on the mobile Safari. I receive on both the same error messages. I sometimes use also Firefox and I did follow all the information in the link you’ve sent. But it still does not work.

I’m really sorry that I have to switch to Mailchimp again. Anyway, thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Franziska