Solved

Analytics - Placed Orders all seem to be from "Other" email domain

• 24 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello, 

I have been looking at my campaign’s email domain rates of open/clicked/placed order. Healthy rates are appearing for all types of email domains under open, clicked, etc. The only email domain showing rate above 0% for placed order is the “Other” category. Can you tell me what email domains are under “Other” and insight as to why these email domains are the only ones placing orders?

Couple other quick questions

Is there a way to look at the Advanced Reports for data including campaigns for a period of time as opposed to by individual campaign?

Is there a report showing break down of iPad vs iPhone Open/Clicks as opposed to all together? I am trying to have a better overall understanding of how the majority of recipients are viewing my campaigns and flows. The view from a iPad is more like a desktop layout than a phone. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 25 April 2022, 17:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @jjaworsky,

Thanks for sharing your question with us! I’m really glad to hear you’re seeing healthy open rates for your campaigns!

Hello, 

I have been looking at my campaign’s email domain rates of open/clicked/placed order. Healthy rates are appearing for all types of email domains under open, clicked, etc. The only email domain showing rate above 0% for placed order is the “Other” category. Can you tell me what email domains are under “Other” and insight as to why these email domains are the only ones placing orders?

Couple other quick questions

Is there a way to look at the Advanced Reports for data including campaigns for a period of time as opposed to by individual campaign?

Is there a report showing break down of iPad vs iPhone Open/Clicks as opposed to all together? I am trying to have a better overall understanding of how the majority of recipients are viewing my campaigns and flows. The view from a iPad is more like a desktop layout than a phone. 

With respect to your first question, we are currently experiencing a bug that’s impacting the percentage of attributed revenue, in some cases placing everything under the “Other” section under “Advanced Reports” for campaigns. If you click on the conversions tab for the campaign metrics, you’ll be able to see which domains purchased using the email address of the user as a reference point. For easier visibility, you can create a segment of users that have purchased and use the condition for “Attributed Message” to isolate who’s purchased specifically for the campaign. For example, what somebody has done > placed order > where attributed message = “name of campaign A”. This segment is also exportable

But putting that bug aside for a second, in terms of which other domains are normally included under “Other”, that would include any domain that’s not included in the “main domain” list by default i.e. not Gmail or Yahoo or Hotmail etc. This group includes the smaller, lesser-known domains.

Additionally, “Advanced Reports” is only available on a campaign-by-campaign basis. However depending on what type of data you’re trying to extract, I recommend looking into our Custom Reports tool, specifically, the Campaign Performance Report.

To access custom analytics reports, click on the Analytics tab. Then, select Create Custom Reports in the upper right-hand corner. This will open the report builder, where you use the dropdown to select the type of report you want to build. For inspiration around strategies for each report.

Also, I’m afraid there is no way to further differentiate between iPad and iPhone engagement within “Advanced Reports” at this time. 

I hope that’s helpful!