Solved

Are win-back emails considered a marketing email?

• 7 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Here’s my question:

My client wants to send win-back emails, but she doesn’t want to send it to customers that didn’t ask for marketing emails.

In my experience, win-back emails aren’t the same as a marketing email and thus can be treated different. Meaning that the customer doesn’t need to give approval in order to send these emails.

Can someone from Klaviyo please confirm this. I want to make sure that the client can see that this is from a trusted resource.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 8 June 2021, 17:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@92dream 

As much as I am familiar all emails that are not related to the shipment process are counted as marketing emails in klaviyo and since probably you are going to promote the website again in those win back emails.. of course they are marketing :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @92dream,

Echoing @Bobi N.’s point, Win-Back emails are considered marketing emails and are not seen as transactional emails

Any intent to sell or promote your brand is considered a marketing email. A transactional email on the other hand, is an essential, non-marketing email that is informative in nature that must be relayed to a customer. 

Examples of Transactional emails would be:

• Order confirmation
  • Shipping confirmation
  • Account created confirmation
  • Shipping Delay emails

Examples of emails that would not be Transactional are:

• Abandoned cart emails
  • Product review/cross-sell emails
  • Browse abandonment emails
  • Win-Back emails

Hope this helps!

David