Solved

Assistance Needed: Browse Abandonment Flow Not Activating

• 18 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I'm reaching out because I've encountered an issue with my Browse Abandonment flow, and I'm hoping someone can provide some guidance.

Before starting a Google Ads Campaign, I set up a Browse Abandonment flow. Currently, the ad has garnered exactly 170 clicks, but there's been zero Browse Abandonment activity. I expected any activity on the site to trigger the Browse Abandonment flow, but it seems something might be amiss.

My website is on Shopify, and to the best of my understanding, everything is set up correctly. I'm wondering if there's something I might have missed or if there are specific conditions that need to be met for the Browse Abandonment flow to activate.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights you might have on this matter.

Thank you!

Joao

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 20 November 2023, 11:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @joaodecarvalho 

Browse abandonment flows are triggered from the viewed product event, not just any website activity. However, for these events to trigger, Klaviyo needs to cookie the visitor first. That cookie is placed when they provide personal data (email at a minimum) via submitting a Klaviyo form or during Shopify checkout.

You also need to have 'Add viewed Product tracking to my website' enabled in your Shopify integration (see below).

For your 170 clicks from G Ads, it's likely that they've not provided any personal data; therefore, they won't be cookied and not trigger a viewed product event.

You can test that all is OK with the viewed product event by navigating to your website url using mywebsiteurl.com?utm_email=example@gmail.com, which will create a profile and cookie you. Just add your website domain and test email address in those placeholders. Then view a product. Then lookup your test email profile and see if you can see a viewed product event in the timeline.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @joaodecarvalho 

Browse abandonment flows are triggered from the viewed product event. However for these to trigger, Klaviyo needs to cookie the visitor first. That cookie is placed when they provide personal data (email at a minimum) via submitting a Klaviyo form or during Shopify checkout.

You also need to have 'Add viewed Product tracking to my website' enabled in your in your Shopify integration (see below).

For your 170 clicks from G Ads, it's likely that they've not provided any personal data; therefore, they won't be cookied and not trigger a viewed product event.

You can test that all is OK with the viewed product event by navigating to your website url using [yourdomain]?utm_email=[your test email], which will create a profile and cookie you. Just add your website domain and test email address in those placeholders. Then view a product. Then lookup your test email profile and see if you can see a viewed product event in the timeline.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Andy

PS I reposted this as my original post included something innocuous that got caught in a moderation trap :-(