Automatic emails with product recommendations

• 23 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Active Contributor IV
  • 42 replies

Hi,

I am thinking of how to automate my email marketing even more and came out with an idea of sending automatic emails with products recommendations. 

I manage to send an email campaign weekly and sometimes biweekly. So I am thinking about creating a flow that sends an email weekly something very simple like ‘this weeks best sellers’ or ‘most wanted items’ and show in the email those best sellers. The idea is to send an email to every person (or Track A, or whatever activity) on my list, but not only to those that take any action (that triggers other flows). It’s like I am thinking to create a flow to send an email weekly without any trigger.

I have two questions:

1. What do you think about this strategy overall?
  2. Is it possible to do this ir Klaviyo (I am using WooCommerce)

Also would like to hear some other tricks how to automate the marketing emails.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

There’s no way you can do this automatically inside of Klaviyo. There’s also not a simple, straightforward way of doing this with Zapier either. But, if know how to use the Klaviyo API, this can be relatively simple to setup.

Step 1. Create a Klaviyo product feed of your “best sellers” or “most wanted items” or whatever you want to call it.

Step 2. Create a template in Klaviyo that includes the dynamic product block connected to that feed...and anything else you want to include. Record the template ID for later use in Zapier.

Step 3. Create a recurring event in Google Calendar for the day(s) of the week that you want to send this email.

Step 4. Create a Zap in Zapier that triggers on the “Event End”. Then choose the event you created in Step 3.

Step 5. The first action step of the Zap is Webhooks (requires a paid plan). Send a POST request to the Klaviyo “create campaign” endpoint:

I haven’t tested this, but I think this should send “immediately” as soon as the Zap is triggered and the webhook is sent. 

If you need additional help, I’m a Klaviyo Silver partner and a Certified Zapier partner.