Solved

Back in stock button showing on products in stock // Dawn free theme Shopify

• 9 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I installed properly the back in stock flow + button but it’s displaying on product pages that are actually in stock. Can somebody help ? 

Theme: Dawn 6.0.2

Preview link: https://01ygsgyh3tco8v4e-66207744226.shopifypreview.com

icon

Best answer by David To 9 January 2023, 17:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @daiquiriparis,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Although the Dawn theme is a free one developed by Shopify, it actually isn’t one of the supported themes for the back in stock feature. You can find a list of supported Shopify themes from our How to style Back in Stock buttons and forms for free Shopify themes Help Center article. 

In my experience, two common cause as to why the back in stock CTA is displaying for products that have stock or vice versa is due to either the theme’s variant selector not properly updating or you have the “continue selling when out of stock” option enabled in your Shopify backend. I explained a bit and linked to some other helpful Community posts below:

Since the Dawn theme is considered custom, I would also encourage you to work alongside your developer to review the theme codes and if there may be any conflicts between it and our back in stock code. Oftentimes some minor adjustments will need to be made to your site code in order for back in stock feature to work properly. You can also reach out to one of our many approved partners from an extensive network of agency partners for further assistance in customizing the Klaviyo back in stock code or your website’s theme code for this feature to work appropriately. 

I hope this helps!

David

HI @daiquiriparis ,

I face the exact same problem. How did you manage to solve the issue at the end?

I would be super thankful for your insights.

Best,

Hans

Userlevel 1
Badge

@David To I just published documentation on how to easily add Back in Stock on Dawn or any other free Shopify Online Store 2.0 theme: 

I’d love to see Klaviyo’s official documentation updated since all of the themes that are listed as official support were deprecated and removed by Shopify in 2022. There are a few added benefits of this approach making it easier for customers to work with:

1. OS 2.0 themes allow you to add Custom Liquid blocks so Klaviyo customers no longer have to edit the theme’s code.
  2. All of Shopify’s free themes now all share common CSS class names and core structure so that the product_page_class button names are styled correctly across all of Shopify’s free themes—you no longer need special directions for each theme.