Solved

Back-populating flows and wait times

• 17 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We have a win-back flow set up and I need confirmation on how the back-populating works.

If this win-back flow went live a couple of weeks ago, only new customers since then have gone into the flow? I therefore want to back populate with the existing customer data. Some of these will be closer approaching the trigger time than others (and others will be over that initial wait time). 

I’ve been burned before attempting similar things on different platforms so would appreciate if someone could confirm that what I’m trying to achieve will be done?

We have a 180 wait from purchase to win-back email 1. We have existing customers who are closer to, or even over that 180 day from last purchase at this point. So if I back populate, those who are over will get the next available email in the flow, and those under 180 days will only have to wait the remaining days and not 180?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 17 April 2023, 18:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jonathanpay 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post! Happy to help answer your question about back populating a metric triggered flow

When determining who will be added to metric triggered flow when back populating, you will need to think about this in the two segments you’ve already identified under or over the 180 day time delay. Since the profiles are added to the flow based on when the metric was recorded, you are correct that they will only need to wait the remaining days until they hit 180 days. For example a profile that made a purchase 170 days ago will only need to wait 10 more days until they receive email 1, where someone who purchased 90 days ago will need to wait an additional 90 days. 

For your customers who are already over 180 days, it will depend on the duration of the total flow. Let's say you have your flow set up like this : 180 day time delay > email 1 > 10 day time delay > email 2 > exit. Anyone 181 - 190 days post purchase will only receive email 2 and any profile longer than 190 days will not be added to the flow at all. 

Hope this helps clarify how back populating a metric triggered flow will work!

Badge +1

Thank you Stephen