Skip to main content

Hi friends,

I’ve searched the help center and community forum but haven’t quite found the answer to my question. I have a flow where I want profiles to stop being added to the queue to receive emails, but I want those already in the queue to finish. The trigger is addition to a segment. There is a time delay of 24-48 hours, then 1 email, then a few profile updates 14 days later.

- If I set the email to manual, profiles will continue to queue.

- If I set the email to draft, those already in the queue won’t receive the email, making the profile updates inaccurate.

So, my idea was to edit the trigger segment, so that no one else enters it organically. Does this make sense? Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Hi @JessFosnough 

Thank you for posting your question in the community! I am sure there are a couple of ways to do this,  but what I have done is set up a conditional split with the random sample step at the very beginning of the flow and set the conditions of the split to 0%. 

I configure the random split so that the 0% is the ‘Yes’ track where the rest of my flow would follow. 

This way, 100% of people do not enter the flow but I can keep the flow fully active for anyone already in the flow to continue with the flow steps as they would have based on the remaining steps.

Then, once everyone has completed the flow, I set all steps to draft. 

I hope that helps!

@In the Inbox 

A very elegant solution @In the Inbox !

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for your suggestion, @In the Inbox! I’m going to try that.