Solved

birthday flow

• 25 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

hello

can someone help me to understand how i can make a birthday flow (we used in yotpo) in klaviyo?

i see this article :

https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/loyalty-emails-setup-guide-for-klaviyo#create-highly-recommended-emails

but i don’t understand how can it trigger someone?

also it’s wrote to make; 
If you are rewarding birthdays with a coupon be sure to use this event variable:
{{ event.redemption.reward_text }}

so i need only yo copy the reward?

also - do i need to make a list/sigment to the birthday flow? oe flow it’s enough ?

this flow is very confusion 

thanks

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 26 June 2023, 16:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @create yotpo birthday flow 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

Setting up a birthday email as part of your rewards program can be a very effective campaign to bring customers back to your website for a repeat purchase. These messages can also make your customers feel special when they receive a special message on their birthday. 

In terms of implementing the email via your Yotpo integration, when I reviewed the link provided, there was an expandable section titled Set up a customer Birthday email in a Klaviyo Flow

When you expand this, you’ll find the answers to many of your questions. 

The email will be triggered by the event Swell Customer Birthday. Because Yotpo/Swell use an event, you will not need to create a list because the Yotpo integration will trigger the event when a customer’s birthday occurs (you’ll just want to confirm with Yotpo the conditions for when the event will be fired, either on the date provided by your customer for their birthday, or before, etc.)

If you are not sure where to find this event, you can first navigate to the Analytics > Metics in the left-hand navigation bar. Under Metrics, you’ll find a list of all active metrics currently sending data to your Klaviyo account. Because this metric is generated by a 3rd party (Yotpo), it will be listed under an API. You can search the list by the name of Swell Customer Birthday. You should see it listed and when you click on it, you can get a 30-day review of the events that have occurred. 

If you don’t see it list, you’ll want to check your integration to be sure that data for the birthday is enabled in your Yotpo account or that your Yotpo account is integrated correctly with Klaviyo. If this is a new event (ie. you just set it up, you may not see the metric until at least 1 event has occurred). 

Regarding the reward, if you offer a special reward through Yotpo for birthday, the tag {{ event.redemption.reward_text }} will dynamically populate the report in the email. So, all you will have to do is copy and paste this tag into your email and when the message is sent to your customer, they will see the actual reward displayed. But, like any email, be sure to preview the message to be sure the tag is dynamically populating the right information before you send active the flow. 

I hope this helps provide some clarification to the Yotpo instructions. 

@In the Inbox