Solved

Browse Abandonment Privacy Policy Examples?

• 26 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I just created my first series of emails for the awesome browse abandonment function.

Is there any particular additional language to add to a privacy policy to cover this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Paul S 2 February 2021, 18:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @gregorio,

If this is something that you want to feel completely re-assured about, we would recommend consulting legal counsel as this does border on legal advise which we cannot provide. I understand it’s likely not the response you were hoping for but that is always our suggestion if you’re unsure of whether an email should be sent or not in compliance with the laws surrounding email.   

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @gregorio - totally agree with @Paul S that its best here to seek legal counsel if you have concerns over privacy policies. Although this article is more about GDPR compliance, it does briefly cover Abandoned Cart emails as well as Browse Abandonment emails:

many organizations take the view that you can still send abandoned cart emails without explicit consent for marketing communications under the basis of legitimate interest. You may be able to consider an abandoned cart email as a communication relevant to the explicit intent to complete a transaction with your business. Other triggered emails, like browse abandonment and winbacks, on the other hand, may not be permissible unless customers have previously consented to receive marketing emails from you in a GDPR compliant fashion.

We strongly recommend you consult with your legal team about your email campaigns to confirm they are compliant with applicable law.

With that being said, this is a great guide to collecting consent in profiles! 
-Cass.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@gregorio Actually, was also thinking that you might want to take a glance at this blog post for browse abandonment email examples - since it’s your first series for browse abandonment, might be helpful to see whats to get started and then to level up beyond that! 

Thanks,
-Cass.