Solved

Bulk e-mail with PriceDrop Flow - Yes or No ?

• 9 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I just set up "price drop flow".
Does anyone know what happens if we put e.g. 100 products down, and customers have looked at e.g. 50 of these.
Do customers then receive 50 emails, or are several products displayed in the same email ???

In order not to risk this, I have already put a trigger on, which means that they do not receive the email if they have received a May within 16 hours

//Steff

icon

Best answer by David To 9 March 2022, 16:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Steffen,

Awesome question!

Similar to a metric triggered flow, the price drop flow will trigger for every product the user has viewed or started checkout (depending on how you have it set up) whose price has been lowered. This means that if you had a major sale and lowered the price on 100 products, a user who has viewed 50 of them would trigger this flow 50 times.

The best way to ensure you aren’t sending too many emails to your customers, enabling Smart Sending as you have done is one solution. Another one instead of utilizing Smart Sending would be adding a flow filter of “Has not been in this Flow in the last X hours/days". Using this filter will prevent someone from re-entering the flow for multiple items/products within a given timeframe you can define. 

I hope this helps!

David