Solved

Capture future customers emails prior adding products to a basket/cart

• 17 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I am wanting to capture future customers emails prior adding products to a basket. Is that an option within Klaviyo? We have a woocomerce store. 

Thank you

Anja

icon

Best answer by Paul S 20 January 2021, 22:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Anja,

So the recommendation would be to use a Klaviyo sign up form if you’re not doing so already. This could be a pop up or an embed footer form which should allow customers to enter their email and you could change the behavior or have it show on certain pages on your website. I would check out the following article for more information.

Guide to Creating a Signup Form 

How to Add a Klaviyo Embedded Form to your WooCommerce Site Footer

If you’re already using a WooCommerce form that is fine as well, just make sure that those customers are entering the correct list.

This would be the best way to capture future customers at point of entry or while browsing products. If they make it to the point of adding products and stating checkout then the Abandoned Cart flow can take over. At the moment we don’t currently have an added to cart flow for WooCommerce so you would need to set this up yourself using our Javascript Track API. And then using that event to trigger an Added to Cart flow.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@AnjaLetz do you mean adding a signup popup to capture emails or do you want to i.e. add a form on the product page where they need to add email address first?