Coupon: Dynamic code expired before the deadline.

• 30 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hey everyone,

I created an browsing abandonment flow, and created a dynamic coupon to be used in the specific message. When I was testing the code I received, it gave me an error message: “Unable to find a valid discount matching the code entered”.

So went in my profile and checked:

The date & time I received the email along with the dynamic code - as of now, it was 6 hours

The expiration date in Klaviyo.> Coupons > Edit code and it was set to issue the code at time of send.

My profile, and it says that the code expired today, even though I received it 7 hours ago.

One thing curious that I did not understand is that for the same flow, Klaviyo issued in advance the codes for the next touches, which would be 20% and then 25% off. Here is a screenshot:

Any suggestions of what might be wrong here? This particular email also came with all the products in blank:

I checked another user’s account, and he received it 3 hours ago, the code is still valid and it shows that it will expire tomorrow.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @bunnyb,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Looks like there could be a couple of things happening here. For one, have you made any changes to the expiry date of that particular coupon during your testing period? If so, it’s possible a different expiry date (one that was consistent with a previous definition of the coupon) is what’s displaying on the profile. If that expiry date was less than 1 day at any point, that would also explain the invalid discount code error (since the coupon could legitimately be expired according to a past definition). Also, to give you some context, a copy of the coupon codes are generated in Shopify. I would double-check that this expired code has indeed been produced in Shopify. If not, this would be another reason for the invalid discount error. Here’s a GIF you can use to help look for specific coupon codes in Shopify. 

In terms of the “Active Coupons” on the profile, that could also be explained from running coupon code tests with your profile (other flow emails or campaign emails using this coupon code). I recommend creating a separate profile and testing again to see if coupon still appears on the profile without receiving the email containing the coupon. If so, it may be a bug to be investigated further by a member of our support team.

For the last item, can you confirm what type of blocks you’re using to display those items? Keep in mind for Browse Abandonment, you cannot use a dynamic table block to display multiple items.

Looking forward to hearing from you.