Solved

Date property doesn't appear in a flow

• 3 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I want to create a flow that starts with a trigger based on a date property.

The date property is Birthday and I have already created it in a sign up form:

I also have one profile with the date property value filled through that form. 

The problem is that I don’t see this date property in the trigger section when I create a flow: 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Hauplant 3 July 2023, 19:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Hauplant, welcome to the community!

Taking a quick glance at your Profile’s custom property for Birthday and an example value of 05/17/1991 (thanks for sharing those screenshots), it seems that the date is properly formatted in one of the acceptable date formats since it was collected through a Signup Form. 

Sometimes it takes a bit of time for the option to show up in the Date Triggered dropdown, did you do this right after the first capture of a Birthday?  Do you still have this problem right now?

One last thing to check, is there some other time you’ve captured a “Birthday” that was not in the MM/DD/YYYY format?  Perhaps you imported it or had some historical value that wasn’t in this format?

Otherwise, this might be a bug and I would contact Klaviyo’s customer support to see why the Custom Property isn’t showing up as an option.  

Badge

Hi again,

I managed to find the solution. 

As soon as I changed the date format and the symbol, everything worked and the “Birthday” date property appeared in the flow options. 

This is how I set the date format in the flow in order to make it work:

Hope it helps and I guess you should add this tip to your documentation, Klaviyo team.

Best,