Skip to main content
Solved

Definition of 'placed order' and 'fulfilled order' on Woocommerce

• 31 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey folks, 

New to klaviyo and would love to get some help and insights here for woocommerce. 

I would like to set up flows according to orders placed by our customers. I am not clear on the definition specifically for “Fulfilled Order”

According to this article: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030732832#:~:text=Ordered%20Product,one%20event%20for%20the%20pants. it is when the order is marked as “shipped”. 

However, from my orders page i can only see these options: 

Which incudes pending payment, on hold, completed, cancelled, refunded, failed and draft. 

Am i missing something? Or a custom input of “Shipped” needs to be developed? How does klaviyo know my order has been shipped otherwise?

Same question for Placed Order - what is the equivalent status in Woocommerce? Is it “Processing”?

Many thanks, appreciate any help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @SkinSeoul 

It’s the WooC ‘completed’ status that is set when a product is shipped and that sends a fulfilled order event to Klaviyo.

The placed order event is captured in Klaviyo when a successful order is placed in WooC.

If you put through a test order/completed you can check that Klaviyo captures both events OK.

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge

Thanks! 

That’s helpful to know

So fulfilled order = ‘completed’

placed order = whatever the status is when an order is added (in my case it is ‘processing’)

Badge

Hello,

I have changed a test order to COMPLETED, but still these events do not flow into Fulfilled Order on Woocommerce.

Is there anything else I should be making sure of?

Thank you for the advice so far!

Ingo