Solved

Flow filter trigger for repeat customers

• 18 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi there, 

Would someone offer me some advice on setting up a flow filter, so a flow is only sent to a customer who has brought a specific product twice and not yet subscribed to a specific list (which i have created).

Many thanks for your time, as advice is appreciated.

Timo8877

icon

Best answer by Tonio 18 March 2023, 09:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Step 1: Create a custom property for the specific product

Step 2: Create a segment for customers who have purchased the product twice

Step 3: Create a flow with the segment as a trigger

Step 4: Exclude customers who have subscribed to your specific list

Badge +4

Hi Tonio,

thanks for your reply, its much appreciated.

Sorry i didn’t make myself clear.

Can i set up a filter so if customers have brought the same product twice (that product could be different for different customers) and not yet subscribed to a specific list which i have created they get sent this flow.

Thanks again,

Timo8877 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Tonio,

thanks for your reply, its much appreciated.

Sorry i didn’t make myself clear.

Can i set up a filter so if customers have brought the same product twice (that product could be different for different customers) and not yet subscribed to a specific list which i have created they get sent this flow.

Thanks again,

Timo8877 

Try this workaround, which may be ideal: 

1. Create a new segment and name it "Repeat Purchasers."
  2. Filter the segment to include customers who have purchased the specific product(s) you want to track.
  3. Set the metric to "Number of times" and select "2."
  4. Save the segment.
  5. Create a flow with a trigger for when someone is added to the "Repeat Purchasers" segment.
  6. Add the desired actions to the flow, such as subscribing them to a specific list or sending them a targeted email.

These steps will help you identify customers who have purchased the same product twice and create automated flows to engage with them in a more targeted way. I hope this helps at some extent.

Badge +4

Hi Tonio,

It has massively! Thanks for your help

Have a great day

Badge +4

Hi Tonio,

Those instructions worked perfectly!

Two quick questions if you can:

1. The segment i just created is that made from my current subscriber list?
  1.  In regards to the last step 6. Do i need to subscribe them to a specific list or will all the new “repeat purchasers” now receive this flow?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Tonio,

Those instructions worked perfectly!

Two quick questions if you can:

1. The segment i just created is that made from my current subscriber list?
  1.  In regards to the last step 6. Do i need to subscribe them to a specific list or will all the new “repeat purchasers” now receive this flow?

Thanks

1. The segment you just created will be made from your current subscriber list, but it will only include customers who have purchased the specific product(s) you want to track and meet the metric you set (i.e., have purchased the product(s) at least twice).

2. You don't necessarily need to subscribe the new "repeat purchasers" to a specific list, but you can if you want to. Once someone is added to the "Repeat Purchasers" segment, they will automatically trigger the flow you created. Therefore, if you want all new "repeat purchasers" to receive this flow, you don't need to do anything else besides creating the flow with the trigger for the "Repeat Purchasers" segment.

Badge +4

Hi Tonio,

Thats great! Thanks for clarifying.

Timo8877