Solved

HELP - how can I move people back in a flow?

• 5 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I accidentally hit ‘cancel send’ on all of my recipients in a segment of a flow, which means they have now moved onto the next email segment without receiving the previous one. 

Is there a way that I can move them back to the previous segment so they can receive that email? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by retention 5 September 2023, 21:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @tombarrow,

Once a user has been skipped into a Flow, you can’t move them back as everything is time based.  You can do a few things, if you think it’s worth the effort:

• You can create a Segment (or a List) of all those that were skipped, and then send a one-time Campaign of the missing emails.  I recommend this approach as it’s fairly clean and low effort.  
  • You can create a temporary new Flow based on that Segment (or other rules) to better time a subsquent message tto “patch in” the missing message
  • Depending if you have a long wait time to the next message, you can “Insert a new Flow Message” with a Message Filter to “resend” the skipped message.  Just be careful on this as you don’t want subsequent folks in the Flow to get a duplicate/repeat message.

Each of those above needs a lot of testing/validation/filtering to make sure you don’t accidentally send a subscriber a duplicate message so triple check if the Segment (or Filter Rules) properly selects the ones that were inadvertently skipped.

Hope this helps!

---

Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion 

Badge

Thanks for your help @retention 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

@tombarrow Happy to help.  Come back here to the community if you ever need more help in the future!

---

Joseph Hsieh // retentioncommerce.com // twitter: @retenion