Solved

How can I change the list of emails in my A/B test campaign?

• 27 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I sent an A/B test campaign out two days ago and I'm planning to resent it again next week. I would like the 20% of the campaign’s recipients who received variation A, to receive next week the variation B and the other 20% who received variation B to receive next week variation A.  

What's the best way to modify the email list to make this happen?

I hope you guys understant my question. :)

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 27 October 2023, 11:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Horgans

You can't get exactly what you're looking for because it's only possible to segment who received variant A and who received variant B over the entire send.

So if variant A was the winner, the variant A segment will include 80% of your list that received it (20% from the test + 60% from the final send), while the variant B segment will include the 20% of your list who received the losing variant B during the split test.

However, the following will allow you to send variant A to contacts who receive variant B and send variant B to contacts who receive variant A across your entire send:

• You create two segments: one that populates with the contacts who received variant A and one that populates with those who received variant B. Segment set-up below.
  • You send two campaigns next week, one to each segment with the alternative message variant for each segment.

This approach will still result in contacts receiving a different variant to the one they received in your first campaign. You could also add another split test for each of those campaigns too.

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge +1

Hello,

That is great! Thanks for your help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

No problem @Horgans All the best for your split test :-) Anything else, please let me know

Regards

Andy