Solved

How can I resend an email to people who forget they've already subscribed?

• 2 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone! I am having problems with sending a particular email once someone reenters their email  in our website/form.
You see, some of our customers have been forgetting that they have already subscribed to out list.

When they do, we send a link to download some freebies as the first email of our welcome flow. But sometimes they will reenter their  email on the site forms but since they  are already subscribed they won’t get any other email.
Is there a way to setup something so that people can get another email with the downloads link even if they are already part of a list?

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 3 November 2022, 02:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Robert Mostro,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing your question with us!

You mention a great point, if your welcome list with the download is a list-triggered flow, the subscriber won’t be able to go through the flow again to get the download. While there is no war to trigger a flow for customers that use the same signup form multiple times, I do think we can create a workaround to find a solution!

First, if these users are on your list, but simply forgotten they’ve already subscribed, you could create a block on the next campaign you send to this list and have a block of your template ask your users whether or not they’d like to receive the download again, for whatever reason they might have. You could then  attach a profile property to a link or button, the will have this profile property ‘send me a download again’ for instance to their profile. You could then create a segment of users with this property property and attach a segment-triggered flow to this grouping so whenever someone claims to want to receive this download again they can almost immediately be sent another via this segment-triggered flow as they will be added to this segment when they click the link or button and then sent through the flow.

You could also attach this to all emails you send using universal blocks in case this is a more wide-spread issue that you want your users to constantly see and take action on if they want it. 

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi Taylor! thank you so much for your response! I’ve been pounding my head against a wall with  this. I thought about your solution but  that would be complicated to implement and i  guess it would  cause a lot of people to just fall through the cracks.

After some thought I found a solution that was much simpler, and wanted to share just in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I  created a viewed page triggerd flow with the thank you for subscribing page. I got the idea from browsing here so thank you all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Robert Mostro

Appreciate the update to help other users in this potential situation in the future! 

Yes, as you’ve created a metric-triggered flow, a user can go through the flow as many times as they take the trigger action. I think it should be noted that created a viewed page metric so if anyone doesn’t feel comfortable custom coding then you should reach our to your developer or connect with a Klaviyo Partner to set this up for you! 

Happy you found a solution!

-Taylor 

Badge

Hi Robert

how did you do this?

“I  created a viewed page triggerd flow with the thank you for subscribing page. I got the idea from browsing here so thank you all.”