Solved

How do I add header links to the welcome flow emails?

• 28 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I am finding Klaviyo to be a horrible, user-unfriendly app. It seems like you need a degree in computer science just to navigate basics. 

For example, when I go into the welcome series template, where is the option to add header links in the header block? I can’t see it anywhere so I saved that draft email as a template. 

I then went into that template, and again, no obvious way of adding header links in the header bar. 

So how do I do this? I thought it would be very simple to do this but apparently not. 

I’d give this app a 1/5 rating for its difficulty of use. 

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 28 September 2023, 18:25

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

On top of that, there is no support for newcomers...it just refers you to robotic articles that don’t answer the question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Sunil 

I am so sorry to hear you are having difficulty using the email editor, and I hope I can help guide you to a better experience. 

If I understand your question correctly, you are attempting to use the Header Bar block in the editor, but not sure how to add your unique links.

When you add the header bar to your email template, make sure the block is active. You’ll see a blue border around the block when you click on it and active the editing process. When the block is selected, you’ll see the editing menu on the left-had side of your screen update with the parameters to customize. 

To add the links for the header block, you’ll want to scroll down to the content section in the editor where you’ll find the links. By default it starts with 2 links, but you can click the “Add Links” button below it to add more. 

You simply need to click on the arrow icon to expand one of the link placements to add your link, text, etc. Please see the screenshot below.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to add them here and I will do my best to help!

@In the Inbox 

Badge +4

None of those options are showing up when I select the header bar. Why not? It’s just showing link “desktop layout”: Logo stacked, alt text and link address for the image….no option for any header links to my website. 

I have tried finding the option to header links in the welcome email and templates...but nothing. So where is it?

Why is your app so terrible to use? It is not intuitive at all and the obvious features aren’t even showing. 

If I am already having problems trying to find basics like header links, then I fear it will be much worse and complicated trying to build out flows. 

It may be better if I try Omnisend, and they have much better reviews than Klaviyo.