Solved

How to shorten URLs on Klaviyo

• 21 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Community

First post here.

I’m looking for a solution to shorten URLs on Klaviyo emails.

We have an online shop with some very long URLs for our products. This is a legacy issue from our previous developer.

I want to create abandoned cart and abandoned browse flows and was just wondering if there’s a way to shorten the links in the dynamic tables, using something like Bit.ly or shorturl.at.

Many thanks for the help! 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 24 April 2023, 19:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @TiagoAtHTM 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

It is possible to shorten your product URLs through platforms like Bit.ly, but it is not recommended because it can negatively affect your email deliverability

Thanks for being part of the Klaviyo community!

Badge +1

Hey @TiagoAtHTM 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

It is possible to shorten your product URLs through platforms like Bit.ly, but it is not recommended because it can negatively affect your email deliverability

Thanks for being part of the Klaviyo community!

Thanks Stephen.

I understand the deliverability issues. No questions there.

I would still like to understand if we can do it automatically in the dynamic tables or if I have to set the links manually.

Thanks for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @TiagoAtHTM 

Thanks for the follow up! Because using something like bit.ly can negatively affect your deliverability, there unfortunately is no automatic way in Klaviyo to shorten your product URLs. You will have to build them in bit.ly or shorturl.at and then manually update each link within your Klaviyo templates. I will also share your feedback requesting a scalable solution to shorten your sites URLs with our product team for evaluation.

Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!