Solved

I accidentally deleted my flow emails - can I recover it?

• 6 February 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge +2

I made a change to one of the first conditions of a flow tree and mistakenly deleted everything after it, including the emails I had setup and all the following conditions. Yikes! Is there a way to revert back? 

icon

Best answer by retention 8 February 2021, 22:49

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@marc10 

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there’s no way to undo changes in Flows.

This is why we always recommend creating a backup of the Flows. Just clone the Flow and rename it to something as [FLOW NAME - BACKUP {DATE}].

One other thing we’re practicing is to never create emails directly in the Flows. We create all emails for the Flows in the Email Templates section and then just load them into the Flows. That way, even if you delete the Flow, you will still have the emails ready in the Email Templates section, and vice versa.

I know that this isn’t a solution for your current situation, but I hope that these tips will help in preventing this from happening again in the future.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@marc10 as @retention mentioned, at this current time, there is no way to undo changes or recover deleted Flows. However, this is something that the Klaviyo team is looking into, and we’re anticipating the ability to have users recover deleted Flows soon. I’ll follow up in this thread and/or as an update in a Community post when that becomes available! 

-Cass. 

Badge +2

I accidentally deleted my flow of 14 emails. Does anyone here know if it is possible to get this back, It took me 3 days to put this all together. Now I made a little mistake, wanted to delete and then all my flow was gone....

Hope someone has a solution, feel very desperate

Badge +1

I will add to this. I also deleted part of a flow that took me some time to build. I left the flow page immediately thinking that because I didn’t click “Save & Exit that the change wouldn't have been automatically saved. Of course, I was wrong losing all the analytics data from the emails on the flows as well as time lost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @lexvandissel and @WH91

Although this feature is still being worked on by our Product Team, in the interim, I would recommend reaching out to support to recover these deleted flows and flow emails. 

Echoing @cassy.lee, we’ll provide an update within this thread and/or in a separate Community post when this feature is released. 

Thanks for contributing to the Klaviyo Community! Have a great day!

David

Badge +3

Hi @david.to , if I reach out to Klaviyo support, will you be able to recover a recently deleted flow?

Looking forward to your response :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Bella L,

Once you’ve reached out to support, a member of our wonderful Product Experts team will be able to take a look at your request. I would recommend providing as much details as possible to our colleagues who can then recover the flow as soon as possible for you. 

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community! 

David

Badge +3

A year later and this is still an issue. Boggles my mind that this service allows people to delete everything with a click, but provides no safety measures, auto-backups, or undo functions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Quiet Owl 

Thanks for responding back to this thread as there has been an update! You can now recover archived flow emails from your account. The article I just linked with walk you through step by step on how to find and recover archived (deleted) flows. 

Hope this helps and thank you for resurfacing this product feature for other community members. We truly appreciate your help and participation!

Badge +3

Hey @Quiet Owl 

Thanks for responding back to this thread as there has been an update! You can now recover archived flow emails from your account. The article I just linked with walk you through step by step on how to find and recover archived (deleted) flows. 

Hope this helps and thank you for resurfacing this product feature for other community members. We truly appreciate your help and participation!

That’s great, but we were talking about emails that were deleted by accident, not recovering deliberately archived emails. In my case, I accidentally clicked on “delete both paths” while removing a conditional split, and it deleted everything past that point in my flow - with no way to undo it. 

Badge

This is really messed up!!! I clicked on the wrong image to delete in my conditional split and all my emails are gone. No way to undo this?!! The email service has so many nice options and this simple one is not even part of it? Very very disappointing.

Badge +1

This is really messed up!!! I clicked on the wrong image to delete in my conditional split and all my emails are gone. No way to undo this?!! The email service has so many nice options and this simple one is not even part of it? Very very disappointing.

Hi @Evocada. Yesterday, I made the same mistake and deleted all of an abandoned cart emails. I reached out to the support and described my situation with a screenshot of the problem and Today, they already solved my problem and bring back all the deleted elements. I’m so happy ! 

So, for everyone on this situation, kindly talk to the support of klaviyo, they will help you like they helped me 😊. 

Have a great day !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Abass 

This is really great to hear! I’m so glad our support team was able to help you recover your deleted flow quickly! 

Hey @Quiet Owl 

That’s great, but we were talking about emails that were deleted by accident, not recovering deliberately archived emails. In my case, I accidentally clicked on “delete both paths” while removing a conditional split, and it deleted everything past that point in my flow - with no way to undo it. 

This is where I am. I have an email in to support. There seriously needs to be an undo function in this service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @TGower 

I completely understand the frustration of having to reach out to support for help with something that could be fairly simple to do on your own. I’m sharing your feedback with the product team to help keep their eyes on this request that many customers have made. 

Thank you again for your feedback and helping us make the customer experience better.