Solved

Integrating BIS on Shopify with non-free theme

• 18 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi all,

Klaviyo’s standard Back In Stock functionality works great, on a free Shopify theme. But fails to function properly on a non-free theme where some variants are in stock and others aren’t.

Do any of you know where one might look to manually trigger the BIS check when switching variants in a theme? Any ideas where one might find docs on this please?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 19 October 2021, 00:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @thefashion,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, we are limited in supporting the non-default Shopify themes because there is a lot of variation between themes. Currently, we only support Free Shopify themes, and not the paid themes because they are highly customized, so you will need to adjust the implementation and that will likely require development experience or access to a developer. We can also only manually trigger the visibility settings of the button within javascript as this article talked about

Additionally, we have a community thread here:

Where users had discussed similar issues as well as looking for reasons why this might occur. I would recommend looking into that as well and see if your solution could be found there if not just a lead to finding an answer.

I hope that maybe other partners such as @retention might have some insight onto how to troubleshoot this?

I’ll be keeping in touch,

Alex