Skip to main content
Solved

Is it possible to create a path in an abandoned checkout flow by traffic source

• 24 July 2024
  • 4 replies

My client wants to offer a different incentive to customers coming from Google in the abandoned checkout flow. 

Is it possible to identify people coming from this source?

If so I’ll be able to create the path for them and the messaging. I just need to know if it’s doable and relatively easy.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hi @GV123 

Thank you for posting in the community!

In some cases this will be possible yes, but it is not 100% foolproof. By looking at the utm soruce assigned in the sign-up url, you can differentiate from sources.

If someone clicks a sponsored ads for example, that url will contain a “?gad_source=1&gclid” source and this allows to you segment based on their “First Page” under the profile in Klaviyo,

The was I have set it up is based on “Form submitted by profile” where is looks at the page url parameters and then adds a custom property to the profile. You can do the same if you are able the differentiate between URL parameters in your profiles:

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@annasophiefc thanks for your answer!

So the exact person I need it to work for is:

• Not currently a profile (joined the database from the checkout screen)
  • Visiting from Google - ads or organic

Is there a way to target this person with one action. Or is it even possible to target the orgainic Google visitor?

Very confusing stuff!

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Once it is a profile in Klaviyo, you will have most data available.

Well, you can test this in your account based on the different inital reffering domain you have available. For example:

And then you can look into the source of their interaction:

And then you can further differentiate between them with ads interaction, meta interactions as shown above :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @annasophiefc

I’ve tried to create this segment as above but it’s not populating with “(direct)” or “(organic)” on “(referral)” populates this segment.

Does your initial answer work for a google direct, or google ad source. 

And what setting up or pre-checks would I need to do to determine whether this is possible?

Thanks so much for your help thus far!