Solved

Is it possible to pluck someone out of a flow?

• 10 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello, I have a customer who abandoned checkout with email A and placed an order with email B.

I would like to remove their email A from the abandoned checkout flow it is in. But it is in a waiting queue of thousands of customers and I cannot find a search function to find email A. 

Also, when I go to email A’s profile, I can see that it is scheduled to receive an email, but it looks like I don’t have the ability to cancel the send from the profile.

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Julia.LiMarzi 10 December 2020, 21:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hey @ConnorBohannan! Great question.

Probably the quickest workaround I can think of is adding a flow filter to your abandoned cart flow that is set up like so:

If you leave that filter on for the next couple days or however long your flow journey lasts, Email A will be skipped for every step because it fails the flow filter. You’ll just need to remember to remove the filter in future so that later they can receive the flow again.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @ConnorBohannan ,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

Our pre-built Abandoned Cart has a flow filter “Placed Order Zero times since starting this flow” to kick people out from the flow if they place an order after entering the flow. 

As long as you have this filter in your flow, a person who is queued up for the flow will be “skipped” because they will fail the flow filters, if they place an order from any other flow or place an order from the same flow. 

Here is a great article which covers how Klaviyo Flow Filters work. 

Remember that you will still see this person queued up for the flow, because they did enter the flow. But Klaviyo will check the Flow Filters before sending out an email and skip the profile if it does not comply with these filters. 

I hope this helps!

Happy sending :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks Julia, that workaround will work! 

Maybe adding a search function to an email’s Recipient Activity tab could be added to Klaviyo’s roadmap!

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Thanks Julia, that workaround will work! 

Maybe adding a search function to an email’s Recipient Activity tab could be added to Klaviyo’s roadmap!

Glad I could help! I know that is definitely a feature that has been requested by others so I’ll pass along your feedback as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@ConnorBohannan - You may also want to consider “Merging” the two profiles if it is indeed the same person(s) that should be represented as one profile in Klaviyo.  I obviously don’t know the context behind why someone would use Email A in one scenario and then Email B for another (perhaps, it’s someone making a purchase on behalf of someone else? Or they have a “spam email” and a “real email” for purchases?)

Here’s some info that I found about “Merging” profiles and what it does to the “combined” profile:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005073847-Delete-Merge-and-Export-a-Profile#merge-two-profiles3

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Oh very cool, thanks Joseph.