Solved

Is It Possible To Provide An External Link to a Campaign Email For Use On Social

• 26 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi - we want to put some examples of campaign emails on social - does anyone know how to find a link to a specific campaign which can be accessed externally?

icon

Best answer by retention 26 April 2023, 18:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @SallyB, there’s a few ways to do this depending on what your objective is.

If you simply want to show a “preview” of your campaign on social, the most obvious way is to take a screenshot of your email either within your inbox or in Klaviyo and share it as an image.  

If you want your users to be able to “click over” and look at the email, you could do one of two things with a few caveats:

Share the Webview Link

• You can send the email campaign to yourself (or make sure you’re subscribed to receive your campaign emails) and somewhere in the email template add in this code:
    {% web_view %}
  • This will then create a link that you can share.  
  • Just note, if you have any personalizations like an email address or name, others will be able to see it.  And, someone may click on the preferences link or unsubscribe you from that link.

Export the Template as HTML

• You can save your campaign email as a Template in the Template Library
  • You can then export the template as an HTML and host it somewhere on your site and share the link to that page on your site.
  • See here: How to export the HTML for an email template

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @SallyB,

An alternative solution you might try is creating a blog post that shares the content featured in your newsletters. 

That gives a more valuable reading and shopping experience for anyone on your social platforms who would read this duplicate of your newsletter… You could then easily link to that from IG stories, your bio, etc.

You also get the added bonus of bringing those people to your website, where it’s really easy for them to start shopping with just one click, if they’re inspired by what they read in your newsletter.

Sharing screenshots can be useful, but the formatting might not be as easily resized for mobile screens as you would hope for in an ideal situation. Creating a blog post replicating (for the most part) your newsletter helps images and text look great on all devices. And then you don’t have to worry about really small text that doesn’t resize as needed for mobile reading!

One more thing to consider: what benefit do you get from sharing the entire content of the newsletter with your social media audience? If they can see that same content without subscribing to your list, what’s the benefit to them for being subscribed to your emails?

For example: why shouldn’t they just follow you on IG and ignore your email list? IG is a space where you have no actionable data about their engagement or purchase history with you that you can leverage to send messages on a channel you own, where you don’t have to fight an algorithm for your content to be seen… 

My clients have the best retention of active subscribers when they don’t make discount offers the primary focus of email marketing, and instead find a healthy balance between special offers and editorial content… That example might help you decide what you do for your own strategy with this. 

I hope this helps!

~ Gabrielle, Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @SallyB,

My advise would be to use a tool like Litmus or any email to screenshot tool.
As @retention mentioned above I would not recommend sharing personal links since someone can update/change/unsubscribe as well using the same link. 

Use pinterest, miro or any other image sharing tool to showcase your templates.

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +2

Thanks @retention @Omar & @ebusiness pros - really helpful and lots of scope here to work out the best way forward.  All the best from soggy Cornwall!  😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

@SallyB so glad you found it helpful! I hope you’ve got a nice cup of tea to help as you make your way through this. 

I spent a few months working remotely in London, and the neighborhood tea shop was my favorite place to work! 😍

~ Gabrielle