Solved

Lead Gen Download

• 3 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I created a lead gen (pdf download) section on my website. It’s a simple a form on my homepage where potential customers can add their name and email to receive an email with a link to download the pdf. I created the form on klaviyo. I also created the Flow. How do I check to make sure the two are linked? I also gave at the bottom of my website on every page to sign up for my newsletter. That’s also triggers a different Flow. I want to make sure the two are working. 

icon

Best answer by David To 7 August 2023, 18:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @csaenz,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

The way sign-up forms and flows are linked is based on the list the sign-up form is submitting subscribers to. This is commonly known as a welcome series flow - a type of list triggered flow

To make sure things are working correctly, I would recommend double checking that your form is submitting to the right list that you want the flow to be triggered from. You can always test the experience yourself by signing up to the form with an email that’s not already a member of the list once everything has been published and set live. 

I think reviewing some of the Community post below on this subject would also be helpful:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

Great. What happens if my current subscribers sign up for it? Do I set a condition that if they are already a subscriber to not send them the emails after the download (since the welcome emails are the same). Also, how do I edit that text? It currently reads for current subscribers “You’ve already subscribed. Your profile have been updated. Thank you!”

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@csaenz a subscriber is already subscribed and because of this won't resubscribe to the list unless they unsubscribe first. This means you can't trigger a welcome flow a second time because they already are on the list.

In order to bypass this there are 2 options:

1. Create a custom form that pushes an event to Klaviyo with the information you need (you need a developer for this)
  2. Add a profile property to the Klaviyo signup form and create a segment based on this profile property. Then create a flow that's triggered by someone being added to the segment.

More info on how to create a segment triggered flow here:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003040052

Hope this helps

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO