Solved

Not able to pull dimensions in Flow filters

• 10 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I triggered an event which has customer data that includes the first name, last name, email, phone number. I’m able to see all these information on the customer profile but, while creating a flow, when I add a flow filter these properties don’t show up in dimension values. 

I want to add a flow filter which filters out the people whose email contains gmail.com. For other properties klaviyo shows a list of dimension values, but for email, first name, last name, phone number, it does not show the list of dimenstion values.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 10 February 2023, 15:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @bhavaypuri ,

Welcome to the Community! I’m happy to help you setup this flow filter. 

It looks like you are on the right track here in your first screenshot where the trigger is set to exclude users whose email contain a certain word or phrase. Unlike other Properties, the Email property will not produce a dropdown list (as with zip codes or others) because this would mean it would need to pull every individual email address in your Contact list to this dropdown - which would be far too many variables. This is also the case for First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number. For the Email property, instead of a dropdown list you are able to type directly in the Dimension Value field for the inbox provider you are trying to exclude, like so:

Please click the Dimension Value field, and try typing this in as I have shown above. If you are able to do so, Gmail users will now be omitted from receiving this flow if added to the Flow Filter. 

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski