Price drop flow triggered when price went UP?

• 28 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi folks.

I have submitted a query about this via email to support, but curious to see if I get any insight here without the time zone difference playing such a big factor.

Essentially, we removed the sale pricing from some items in BigCommerce, returning them to their normal price. One of these items triggered the price drop notification email and I have no idea why!

A secondary issue is that the same profile viewed about 5 other products that had their prices dropped enough that the flow should have been triggered, but it wasn’t.

Smart sending is turned on, but I don’t see any data in the “skipped due to smart sending” section in the recipient report. 

Does anyone have any insight here?

Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @wernstrom 

Did the support team get this solved for you? Just so we don't double our efforts, let me know if they got this figured out for you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @wernstrom 

Did the support team get this solved for you? Just so we don't double our efforts, let me know if they got this figured out for you!

It’s in progress. The first issue it looks like it was just because the sync with the catalog is near real-time and the price value changed within a short window a few times.

The second issue is unresolved and the engineering team is looking into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @wernstrom 

Im glad that the support team is on this issue and was able to help escalate your second challenge to our engineering team to help solve for you!

Hi folks.

I have submitted a query about this via email to support, but curious to see if I get any insight here without the time zone difference playing such a big factor.

Essentially, we removed the sale pricing from some items in BigCommerce, returning them to their normal price. One of these items triggered the price drop notification email and I have no idea why!

A secondary issue is that the same profile viewed about 5 other products that had their prices dropped enough that the flow should have been triggered, but it wasn’t.

Smart sending is turned on, but I don’t see any data in the “skipped due to smart sending” section in the recipient report. 

Thanks!

I can offer some insights into troubleshooting price drop notification issues. When dealing with price drop notifications in Klaviyo, it's important to review your setup and configurations. Start by confirming that your integration with BigCommerce is properly established, ensuring that the data sync between the platforms is functioning correctly. Next, check the conditions set in your Klaviyo flow for price drop notifications, ensuring that they accurately reflect the criteria for triggering notifications. Double-check the smart sending settings to ensure they align with your expectations. 

Regards and thanks

Hi folks.

Thanks!

I can offer some insights into troubleshooting price drop notification issues. When dealing with price drop notifications in Klaviyo, it's important to review your setup and configurations lines. Start by confirming that your integration with BigCommerce is properly established, ensuring that the data sync between the platforms is functioning correctly. Next, check the conditions set in your Klaviyo flow for price drop notifications, ensuring that they accurately reflect the criteria for triggering notifications. Double-check the smart sending settings to ensure they align with your expectations. 

Regards and thanks

Hi folks.

Smart sending is turned on, but I don’t see any in the “skipped due to smart sending” section in the recipient report. 

Thanks!

I can offer some insights into troubleshooting price drop notification issues. When dealing with price drop notifications in Klaviyo, it's important to review your setup and configurations  Start by confirming that your integration with BigCommerce is properly established, ensuring that the data sync between the platforms is functioning correctly. Next, check the conditions set in your Klaviyo flow for price drop notifications, ensuring that they accurately reflect the criteria for triggering notifications. Double-check the smart sending settings to ensure they align with your expectations. 

Regards and thanks

How to make airbrush paint