Solved

Question regarding dynamic images and links in abandoned cart emails

• 26 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all. I’m currently editing the default abandoned cart email from Klaviyo, but the link for the dynamic image leads to the product page that the customer has added to their cart. I’m wondering if there is a way to make the dynamic image and buttons lead to the checkout page containing the product. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by David To 26 May 2023, 23:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Matija,

Welcome back to the Community!

If your abandoned cart flow is triggered by the started checkout metric, you can reformat the standard {{ event.extra.checkout_url }} variable to navigate users to the checkout page instead of the product page. 

Alternatively, if your flow is triggered by the add to cart metric, I would suggest taking a look at the past discussion below. @retention gave a really thoughtful, in-depth explanation on how this can be achieved:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hello David,

my event is triggered by started checkout. If I make a button where the link is: {{ event.extra.checkout_url }} it will lead the customer to their checkout page correct? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Matija 

You are correct! you can use the event variable to dynamically populate the button. Thanks for being part of the community!