Solved

Several flow that clash with several coupon code

• 18 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi there, 

If I create welcome flows that contain 15% off coupon code, will it clash with my browse abandonment 10% off coupon code? As once customer opt-in, they would automatically receive welcome series and will receive browse abandonment flow if they click the product. And how do I prevent them from receive both.

My welcome flow filter: 
Placed order zero times since starting this flow

My browse abandonment filter:
Checkout Started zero times since starting this flow
Placed order zero times since starting this flow
Added to cart zero times since starting this flow 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 19 April 2022, 05:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Riccd,

Thanks for sharing with the Community.

Unless you are using some sort of filter to either exclude users who are already going through the welcome series flow from receiving the browse abandonment flow, the coupons are going to clash. This is a pretty common strategy question we see at Klaviyo and the end result is really going to depend on what you want to do! Omitting customers going through the welcome series flow from receiving any of the browse abandonment flow emails tends to be the most common thing - as it's the easiest to accomplish with filters and conditions.

If your worry is that you do not want customers double dipping on coupons, this wouldn't happen since coupons are one time use and wouldn't stack. Another thing I would personally consider is that if a business sent me two coupons, I would be more inclined to buy things since I now have two coupons to use.

The solution would all depend on you business/marketing strategy.

All the best,

Alex

Badge +5

That is helpful Alex, thanks.