Solved

Streamlining Birthday Collection on Shopify Plus Thank You Page Without Re-Entering Email Addresses

• 15 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I've been working on setting up our birthday collection process. We currently gather this information through a welcome email series and a pop-up on our website. Now, I'm looking to enhance our method by collecting birthdays on the thank you page as well.

I've created a new sign-up form titled "Birthday Collection Thank You Page" and linked it to the appropriate subscriber list. However, I'm trying to find a way to collect birthdays using Shopify Plus on the thank you page without asking customers to provide their email addresses again.

Since customers have already submitted their email and other details, I want to create a seamless experience by only asking them for their birthday and a simple call-to-action button click.

I'd appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to achieve this. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Justin Regterschot

icon

Best answer by retention 15 March 2023, 17:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @JustinBono, glad to see you here in the community!

Unfortunately, there’s no way to pre-populate a Klaviyo Signup Form as far as I know.  I found this in a previous thread:

However, if you have access to a developer, you can build your own custom Form and send the birthday (and email) to Klaviyo programmatically, you might be able to do this.  Shopify Plus lets you access the variables of your customers checkout values like the email address (via its Checkout Extensibility API), and then conceivably you can pass that on to Klaviyo via Klaviyo’s API. 

See here: 

Hope this helps!