Solved

Teext box is gone

Badge +1

Hi.

I am trying to edit a campaign but the text box to edit a section is not there anymore. It was replaced with source code. Please help.

icon

Best answer by chamban 24 April 2024, 16:02

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @chamban,

I’m guessing you are seeing something like this:

If so, click on the gray button with the </> symbol, and it will toggle you back to the text box.
Best of luck!

Badge +1

Hi @jess

unfortunately, I don’t see that. This is what I have

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@chamban,

Interesting, I have not seen that before. I can see there is an Apply button, perhaps clicking that would make it go back to the normal view? If it applies something you don’t like, you can always use the Undo button. I’ll see if I can find any other answers in the meantime.

Badge +1

@JessFosnough

I completed a campaign yesterday using the source but it takes hours 😫

So what’s happening is, you edit the source code box then click apply to see if what you’re doing is correct. If not, you have to redo.

Thank you for helping out! I really appreciate it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@chamban
Wow, that’s awesome that you can even do that - I sure would not be able to!!
I have one other idea - copy the HTML, insert a new text box into the campaign, toggle the source code, and then paste - mabe then you will be able to toggle back to the “normal” editor? (I’m sorry, I’m not sure if you are still looking for an anwer or not!)

Badge +1

@JessFosnough

Thanks! I tried my hardest but I was spent though.

Yes, I am still looking for an answer. Been playing around the editor and tried your suggestion, text box is still not there.

I tried adding text box using drag and drop but it’s the same, source code 😣

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@chamban,

Oh man, that’s frustrating! Unfortunately I’m out of ideas. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to contact support - there could be something going on behind the scenes that only they can fix. Hope you find a solution soon!

Badge +1

Thank you so much @JessFosnough for your ideas. I will contact support. I think that’s the best we can do.

Badge +1

Klaviyo Support response:

The interface you see is due to a recent change in our UI.

Instead of inputting text into the left side panel as before, you can now directly input text into the template's text box like below: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Thank you for posting this, @chamban.

I still haven’t seen that functionality in my account, but at least I know it’s coming. It definitely would have scared me to see source code with no way to toggle it back and forth!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am seeing the same thing on our account. I can’t believe a Klaviyo tech has not solved this problem for you after 8 days. There is no way in we will be staying with Klaviyo if we are expected to use a Source Code box for our text blocks. 

Is there any update on a fix for this????????

I even created a new campaign from scratch and it has this Source Code only editor issue for text boxes so I know it is not our template issue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have 3 accounts and it is only happening on one account right now. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nevermind, I should have read the comments closer. You just double click the box on the preview side (right hand side) to activate the rich text editor right in the preview side and edit it there.