Solved

Trigger Split Currency

• 18 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

I’m trying to build a flow based on currency & our bundles, however i’m not sure if our trigger split currency depends on the country trigger split or if it’s one currency only - 

Example: I’m trying to differenciate people based on whether they have a bundle in their cart, or not, so I can get them to upgrade to a bundle, but we have set currencies in AUD & USD. 

Any help is appreciated. :) 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 24 July 2023, 19:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @RENEEMCDONALD!

My colleague Stephen actually answered this question here, in the following thread:

Essentially, each account has one Account Currency, and if you use the $Value trigger split, you are just indicating that you want to use the cart’s value in whatever currency the Klaviyo account has set.

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hey Brian, 

Thanks, but I’m still a little confused. 

Our website is set to AUD, but we also have a different set rate for USA IP Addresses too. 

So, i’m wondering if i put a conditional split like; 

[country = Australia] - would the value trigger then go off AUD if i set those emails to AUD in the template, and will the [country = USA] trigger the value as USD instead? 

I really hope the below picture helps to explain. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @RENEEMCDONALD 

Thanks for providing the image for your conditional split. You are 100% correct, the value trigger will be based on the currency value that is included in the event data, AUD or USD. Setting the currency for the for each branch of the conditional split will just allow that value to appear with the proper currency symbol. 

Hope this helps!