Solved

UTM param on the flow

• 24 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I would like to keep the continuity of UTMs. Is there a way that in my flow emails I will have Campaign utm name exactly the same as in the “How They Found You” on the guest profile?

Let’s say that user came to my site through campaign name “Remarketing” and went into welcome flow - if he buys something I would like to see in my Google Analytics excatly “Remarketing” as the campaign, not the name of the flow.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 26 October 2022, 05:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hello @Piotr and welcome back to the Community!

There is currently no way to manually adjust the behavior of “How They Found You” profile tracking. However, there is an important distinction to be made between “How They Found You” values. If you use Klaviyo to automatically add Google Analytics tracking to links within a campaign or flow email, you will see utm_source, utm_medium, and utm_campaign values in addition to the standard Source, Campaign and Medium values.

These values and their differences are explained in this Help Center Article, which could explain why you’re seeing discrepancies in Google Analytics:

How They Found You

Although it’s not currently possible to edit these values manually to adjust the continuity, that product feature has been requested many times to our Product Team for future consideration.

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

-Brian