Solved

Welcome Series triggering when order status updates to "Order Fulfilled"

• 19 July 2022
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

My new sign up forms were made live on our website this morning as part of our Klaviyo implementation (yay!) but the Welcome Series keeps triggering to people when their order status is changed to “Order Fulfilled” even though they subscribed to the newsletter list days ago.

How do I stop this from happening? I don’t want to exclude people who sign up via the checkout / account registration areas but I can’t keep having these emails send to the wrong customers that have already received the welcome series through our previous EPS.

icon

Best answer by DavidSandel 19 July 2022, 11:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Maybe other people are better at reading between the lines than I am, but I think I would have to see the contact properties that are being set when someone submits the form and compare them to the trigger of the Welcome Series.

Ultimately, you’ll probably have to set some kind of trigger filter or email filter to include/exclude these people based on their contact properties. 

Just specifically for what you mentioned, perhaps you could add the filter for “fulfilled order”, but again, I’m not sure how that fits into the rest of your property <> trigger strategy.