Solved

Why am i seeing multiple opens when i look at profiles?

• 19 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Is this because they opened the emails on different devices? 

and if they do open the same email on 3 different devices, do we get charged 3 sends?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 19 June 2023, 15:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Grego 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

For any given email campaign, it is common to see your subscribers open an email multiple times, and as you noted, often across different devices. Klaviyo will report these as total opens in the message analytics. Unique opens will be also counted in the analytics but represent only the first open a recipient views your message. 

In terms of fees, Klaviyo looks like sent messages and is based on a 10x factor of how many contacts you have active. So, if you have 100 subscribers, you will have up to 1000 sends for a month, but Klaviyo will only count that send once for a campaign. 

In the screenshot provided, it looks like your customer received two different Winback emails which would count as two sent messages. After that, the opens across the two messages will be tracked for your analytics, but they do not count against your monthly send allocation.

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

@In the Inbox