Solved

Unable to track event in html event like click

Badge +1

HI,

Thanks in advance,

I’am unable to track event with click or blur HTML events. for the first time, The scenario is following

1. Got a form with two fields name and email address.
  2. Added a focus (blur) event in email field.
  3. when a user focus out with an email address suppose first@example.com the tracking will not work
  4. If the user focus out the same email field again (with same email address) I can see tracking is recorded in Klaviyo dashboard.
  5. If the user added another email address second@example.com it will not work again , if again focus out it will work, That means it only work after the second time

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Sample code : https://www.support-tools.com/?8e8f47311020264f#0dDAOYFNtjCQNhvAMsGXNESbjIqpkwP/vLsnRJJIDLM=

Regard,

Francis Sebin Fernandez

icon

Best answer by Dov 3 May 2022, 19:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Kindly read these article : https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/custom-event-tracking

Please like these post if it was helpful

Badge +1

HI,

one update, when I use the below query parameter it is working in first click

?utm_email=example@gmail.com 

and track under the email example@gmail.com

Anyone knows the reason behind this? I think we should cookie the user details. but how?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @francissebin2hats thanks for your question! And thanks @ayyub_here for sharing that resource.

@francissebin2hats, in order for a Klaviyo profile to be cookied, they’ll have to either click through a Klaviyo email or sign-up through a Klaviyo form.  You can read more about cookies in Klaviyo here.

At this time, I’m afraid we’re unable to troubleshoot custom coded forms. I recommend checking out one of our Custom Form Solutions containing how-to guides and sample code for each type of signup (embed, pop-up, flyout). Another option is to get in touch with one of our partners for further assistance. 

Something else to keep an eye-out for, is a potential conflicting 3rd-party script (from a plug-in or otherwise) that is causing a delay in Klaviyo’s onsite javascript from loading, or a 3rd party blocker or firewall, or conflicting HTML/CSS impacting the form code.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a member of our community.

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Actually, I need to track a customer and their details in cookies just mentioned in the document, after the customer finishes typing in the email field (on focus out event), how can I achieve that?.

Is there any format to store those is cookie? and also please provide a reference link

Regard,

Francis Sebin Fernandez