Solved

adding adobe fonts to email template

• 4 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I was able to import my adobe fonts to my signup form no problem, but my fonts are not showing up following the instructions to add the HTML in the text block source found here: How to Add Custom Fonts in Email Templates – Klaviyo - Help Center

I did this, saved, but none of my fonts are importing. Can anyone tell me why this isn’t working?

icon

Best answer by elisegaines 4 March 2021, 20:26

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing with the Community! It looks like you have ‘test’ as the first font family name, while the fonts at that URL are Adobe Garamond Pro and Brandon Grotesque. Have you tried replacing ‘test’ with one of those fonts? Additionally, I believe that ‘arial’ has to be properly capitalized as ‘Arial’

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

@caroline I’ve updated the code with your suggestions, unfortunately the font is still not appearing as an option for me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @grecogum,

Forgive me if you are already aware of this, but I just wanted to clarify that the fonts will not appear as an option in the drop-down font selector in the UI. Instead, once you add text to the template which has the elements you included in the font import statement (for example, a header enclosed in <h1> tags), the font of that text will render as the font you specified for <h1> in the import statement.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +2

@caroline I was not aware of that, thanks. However, it still does not appear to be working for me:

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @grecogum ! Could you try using ‘brandon-grotesque’ in the import code, instead of ‘Brandon Groteque’? This matches the font family name found at the Typekit URL you shared. 

Badge +2

Hi @grecogum ! Could you try using ‘brandon-grotesque’ in the import code, instead of ‘Brandon Groteque’? This matches the font family name found at the Typekit URL you shared. 

Still not working:

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Could you try this code? 

<style type="text/css">@import url('https://use.typekit.net/ads0zbu.css'); p, h1, h2, h3, h4, ol, li, ul { 
font-family: "brandon-grotesque", Arial, sans-serif;
}
</style>

The only change is the addition of @import before the URL, to match what’s found in this doc. I tested it in my own account, and it works there! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @grecogum,

Wanted to check back in -- were you able to try @elisegaines’s last suggestion?

Best,

Caroline