Solved

Am I able to edit my custom html template, after adding a Klaviyo drag and drop section?

• 16 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have uploaded an HTML template into Klaviyo, and added Klaviyo drag and drop support to a specific section. 

I am using that template in an abandoned checkout flow. 

The drag and drop editable section works great, but now when I go to edit the content of that particular email, it defaults to the drag and drop editor, and I can’t seem to figure out how to edit the rest of my email using HTML.

Is there a way to edit my HTML after I have added drag and drop support (other than modifying the original template?)

Edit: Just to be clear, because I can’t edit the title, I actually want to edit the html of the email I’m using in a flow (that is based off of a custom template). Not the original  custom template itself. 

icon

Best answer by Keith 17 June 2022, 03:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Keith,

Welcome to the Community.

Might I recommend checking out this doc here regarding Custom HTML templates and the editor? I think this might be a good place to start but let me know if that was not helpful.

Here are some related community posts as well:

Hope that helps,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi Alex. 

Thanks for linking that article. It was definitely appreciated, although it didn’t quite solve my problem. 

I think I’m just realizing that you cannot combine the drag and drop editor, along with custom html.

You can write custom html and then add editable sections, but then you can no longer edit anything using HTML, afterwards. 

No worries. I can always just edit the original template. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Apologies for that @Keith,

I’ll make sure to let the product team know about this so we can plan for adjustments in the future.

Have a good rest of your day,

Alex