Solved

Anyone Using the Klaviyo Toolkit Plugin by Tribe Interactive?

• 7 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I’m really interested in purchasing using this plugin but have gotten no response when trying to reach out to @TRIBE and their team multiple times across every imaginable channel this week. So I’m a bit concerned about that… but assuming that it legit can generate time-expiry sensitive coupons from customers who have purchased on our site and then dynamically insert them into klaviyo flows, this is literally the only reasonable solution I’ve found after countless hours of research trying to find another way to do it. 

So anyway, I’m looking for others who have bought and used the plugin (ideally for the purpose I described) and can vouch for their experience with it. Any feedback would be much apreciated asap. Thanks.
------

Now, if you’ve read this far, here’s a more detailed question I’m also trying to get answered re: the plugin: 

In short, i want to generate a time-sensitive coupon that will appear in a a thank you email that purchasing customers will receive immediately after they purchase a product. I want them to then have 72 hours, for example to use the coupon.

My question is regarding how/when the generation and expiry functions work. The how-to page says:

"1. A shopper initiates the checkout process & we generate a coupon

First, when an existing customer starts checkout, the Klaviyo Toolkit plugin will automatically create a coupon code and limit the use of that code only to this person’s email address. If they aren’t logged in or are a new shopper, we’ll generate a coupon when they enter their email address in the email field on checkout. "

Ok so code is generate when they initiate checkout or enter email if new user. But what happens with a 72 hour time expiry if they then abandon cart during that session and then return later to complete the purchase? Will the timer reset from when they actually complete the purchase and/or will a new code be generated then?

Those people will already be in a different abandon cart flow and it may take them time to complete the purchase (a high percentage of our customers do in fact do exactly this) that eats into or eclipses the 72 hour period from time of coupon generation. WHich would make the thank you email in those cases ineffective.

icon

Best answer by TRIBE 7 December 2023, 18:19

View original

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Andy,

We replied to your email but updating here as well…

The code will only remain active until the expiration date set when the coupon was created. If they revisit checkout after the expiration date, the expiration date will not be extended and a new code will not be generated.